Friday, March 19, 2010

Friends


My friend Angelica and I designed this card with a lot of  inspiration from Mary Fish.  I love the combination of Pumpkin Pie and Apricot Appeal.  We embossed the background with the embossing folder from the Christmas mini.     All the images are from the Vintage Vogue stamp set and we stamped most of them with Pumpkin Pie Ink.   The smaller flowers are all stamped with Apricot Appeal.   I stamped out two flowers with the 5-petal flower punch in Certainly Celery.  I used chocolate chip brads in the big flowers and Very Vanilla in the small flowers.    We had alot of fun putting this card together and are finding it helpful to get together and do most of the designing and preparing together and then finish putting them together at home.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

It turned out really great! Love the card! (and you of course!)

savvy teaching tips said...

Beautiful card shanda - too bad we can't see it too well in the photo. You need to get a better photo of such beautiful work. Great job!!!

Ange McKay, North Shore Stamper said...

the colour combo on this card is STUNNING! I love it! Funny how two brains always works better than one:) Do you mind lending me yours?

Unknown said...

it's a beautiful card!!!
I love the color combo, and the flowers are gorgeous!!

Thanks for your kind words Shanda!!
I'm glad to know another pianist.
Did you study music? I did, and now I give a particular classes, composing, and give a small concerts, it's a wonderful job!!!

Hugs!!