Friday, August 14, 2020

West Coast Creator August Blog Hop






        Welcome to our West Coast Creator Blog Hop for August!!  There are so many great new sets in the new mini catalogue that it was hard to choose.    I hope you get some great ideas
from all the creations from our wonderful team!



    I chose the Gift Wrapped Bundle as my feature from the new mini catalogue on Page 12.    I tried to make cards from this bundle that were not only for Christmas but could be used as general birthday as well - cards for men too!!

This is a Christmas card which I kind of cased from the catalogue itself on page 72.   You will find all kinds of great card ideas in Stampin' Up catalogues.    They had made a box and I took their idea but made  a card using Garden Green and the Pointsettia PLace DSP on page 15.

ChElOE8JbJE/XzYXyunYMqI/AAAAAAAADus/3ncHqXgHQacTSriHSbgV6EJV4LNv6_D6gCLcBGAsYHQ/s640/flowerribbon.JPG" style="margin-left: 1em; margin-right: 1em;">

I thought this was a neat way to use the ribbon for a birthday card.   I just punched one out of the DSP and then one out of Mossy Meadow to go behind it.    I like to be able to use what I purchase all year round.   The DSP is from the Ornate Garden DSP on Page 65 in the main catalogue.    I thought the Dandelions 3D embossing folder looked nice in the middle.


There are lovely stamps in the Gift Wrapped stamp set that comes with this bundle.  They make a nice background instead of using DSP.    The sentiment is from that stamp set as well.  I coloured the bow using my Highland Heather Stampin' Blends.  I punched out some sprigs with vellum to put behind the bow with my Sprig punch.  The gold metallic trim is from the Forever Greenery Trim Combo Pack.

I hope I have inspired you take a closer look at this bundle.   Now you can click on the links below to be inspired by the other team members!  Thanks for stopping by!!!